|Advanced joint support, stimulating the natural mechanism to maintain healthy cartilage and joints.
4CYTE™ Equine is the only product available with the inclusion of ‘Epiitalis®’ –a patented plant extract that contains a range of essential fatty acids which stimulate chondrocyte (cell) proliferation.
|Proven to assist with recovery from vigorous activity and resulting aches and pains
4CYTE™ Equine reduces the production of chemicals PGE2 and Nitric oxide which may on turn assit with recovery of still uncomfortable joints.
|Proven protection and promotion of healthy cartilage 4CYTE™ Equine provides a full range of naturally occurring GAGs and Omega-3 fatty acids essential for the production of cartilage.
4CYTE™ provides a proven increase in chondrocyte viability.
|Proven anti-inflammatory action and potential analgesia
4CYTE™ Equine reduces the production of the central mediators of inflammation and pain – PGE2 and NO. 4CYTE™ use reduces inflammation in affected joints.
4CYTE™ Equine is a revolutionary joint support supplement for the equine industry targeting all key areas of joint function. Epiitalis® is a patented plant extract with unique properties that helps stimulate the cartilage cells (chondrocytes) in joints thus helping to maintain ongoing joint function at all stages of life.
4CYTE™ Equine can be extremely effective in;
• Pre and post operative situations
• Athletic and performance horses 4cyte700gbeads grey• Horses with pre-exisiting osteo-arthritis
• Older horses
When introducing 4CYTE™ Equine to your horse start on 1/4 scoop mixed with feed, slowly increase over the first 5 days.
If you are using 4CYTE™ preventatively the maintenance dose is 1/2 scoop (10.5g) per day.
For horses following surgery or with symptoms of poor joint function it is recommended in the first 4 weeks to feed 1 scoop (21g) per day. After 4 weeks you can reduce the dose to the maintenance dose of 1/2 scoop daily.
New Zealand Green-Lipped Mussel
Click here for more information on ingredients
Published studies show the specific combination of ingredients work synergistacally to maintain the structure of cartilage.
1. Pearson W. Orth MW, Karrow NA, et.al E.AJVR 2008
2. Pearson W. et al AJVR 2009 (in vivo)
3. Pearson W, Orth MW, Karrow NZ, et al. Mol.Nutr.Food Res 2007
Further ingredient information
• Apparent increase in chondrocyte viability, in the presence of Interleukin-1, which potentially reduces the rate of degradation of the cartilage1.
• May increase the number of chondrocytes (chondroproliferation), which potentially increases the health and longevity of the cartilage1.
• May reduce build up of negative chemicals
• Source of Omega-3 fatty acids that may stabilise cell membranes, prevent oxidation, and therefore may promote better joint mobility2.
• May inhibit the production of degradative agents and in turn inhibit chondrocyte death, reduce cartilage degradation and may decrease poor joint function2.
New Zealand Green-Lipped Mussel
• May provide elements to assist with suppression of agents involved in cartilage breakdown3.
• Source of amino acids, which may provide the scaffold upon which the cartilage matrix is supported2.
• May assist in reducing GAG release from the cartilage matrix into the synovial fluid2.
• May improve cell viability2.
• Provides a natural source of essential GAGs and HA, which are necessary for the health of the synovial fluid and cartilage matrix2.
• May inhibit the production of related chemical mediators, potentially adding to the complementary effect of the other ingredients2.