- Reduced phosphorus to help maintain healthy kidney function
- Reduced levels of protein to help reduce kidney workload
- Reduced sodium to help maintain normal blood pressure
- Increased levels of omega-3 fatty acids to help blood flow to the kidneys
- Increased levels of B-complex vitamins to compensate for vitamin losses in the urine
- Added antioxidants to control cell oxidation and promote a healthy immune system
Kidneys are very important because they remove waste substances from the blood, and maintain the normal balance of fluid and minerals within the body. Once kidney damage occurs, the consequences are usually irreversible.
Because the right nutrition can positively impact your pet’s quality of life, Hill’s, nutritionists and veterinarians developed Prescription Diet® k/d®, clinical nutrition especially formulated to support your dog’s kidney health. In fact, k/d is clinically proven to improve quality of life in dogs.